Standing Out In The Online World
If you’re not standing out online, deep down – you know it. You already feel the pain of not doing so. You probably feel bypassed while others in your industry are booking their calendars full and reaching their income goals. You likely feel the disappointment each passing day that your email doesn’t ping with new leads who’ve filled out your contact form wanting to know more.
So, I’m not going to rub it in. Right now – I’m going to fire off a quick list of 10 reasons you might not be standing out. This list is intended to get you thinking. Use this list as a starting point. Let it get your wheels spinning about what you need to do if you want to start seeing the results you desire in your business and life.
10 REASONS YOU’RE NOT STANDING OUT ONLINE AND BOOKING MORE SESSIONS WITH TASKS TO HELP YOU MAKE CHANGES FAST!
- You’re not showing up consistently (you post or email when you feel like it, when you’re inspired or “not in a funk”)
Task: Create and schedule 30 days of content. (Planoly.com has a free plan where you can do this.)
- You’ve created a brand that looks like everyone else’s (similar font, similar “floral” logo, similar tone of voice, etc)
Task: Add a unique element to your brand. Do not overthink this because everything has been done before, but think outside of the box that you are in now.
- You’ve stopped blogging and sharing your client sessions or recent portfolio of work.
Task: Email your past clients and ask for reviews. Use these to construct a reviews page. Also find pictures or examples of past projects and organize these in to a Canva PDF or slideshow.
- Your website is confusing and doesn’t clearly direct new leads through to actually book a session.
Task:Add a “book now” page or button to your website.
- Your website looks nothing like your brand on social media, because you’ve used a template and barely customized it
Task: Take some time to customize your website a bit more and make sure the colors match.
- You’re not creating relationships – you’re only selling
Task: Create a new freebie for your email list and also make a matching graphic for the freebie in Canva to add in to your auto posting schedule on Planoly.
- You haven’t created a “branded client experience” at every touchpoint a potential client and client has an encounter with you (heck – you don’t even know what touchpoints those are)
Task: Map out how a customer may find you and what path they should take to work with you or become a customer. There’s no right or wrong answer for this.
- Your messaging online doesn’t match how you really talk or are in person
Task: Be yourself!
- You are not providing links – you’re not providing links in your emails to social media or your website or links on social media to where people can sign up for your emails
Task: Add your social media links to the bottom of your email template and add a “subscribe now” button to your linktree or lnk.bio in your Instagram profile.
- You don’t have a branded email signature to increase awareness with every email you send
Task: Add your name, title, company name, and website page as a signature to your emails.